Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Pyper Pyper is offline

Default Descenders

In Word 2007, If I make a table and decrease the row height, my descenders
get cut off. In Word 2000 this did not happen. Is there a solution?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Use a smaller font.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Pyper" wrote in message
In Word 2007, If I make a table and decrease the row height, my descenders
get cut off. In Word 2000 this did not happen. Is there a solution?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

That will happen if the row height is set to Exactly and isn't tall enough
for the font you are using. To see this in action, select the text in the
row that's being cut off, then press Ctrl+[ to decrease the font size one
point at a time. At some point, the descenders will be visible. If you press
Ctrl+] to increase the font size, at some point, the descenders will begin
to be cut off, and eventually, the upper parts of letters will be cut off.
The bottom line is that if you use a fixed row height, then the maximum size
of the font you can use is limited.

If this wasn't happening in Word 2003, then I suspect that you were using
different settings in Word 2003. It certainly happens in Word 2003 here.

--

Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Pyper" wrote in message
In Word 2007, If I make a table and decrease the row height, my descenders
get cut off. In Word 2000 this did not happen. Is there a solution?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Pyper Pyper is offline

It's Word 2000 that I'm migrating from. I tried going to the Word Options
dialog in 2007 and changing the "Lay out this document as if created in"
setting to Microsoft Office Word 2000, but that didn't make it work the way
it used to. So then I went into the Layout Options list and toggled anything
that looked like it might make a difference, but it didn't. Am I stuck?

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

If this wasn't happening in Word 2003, then I suspect that you were using
different settings in Word 2003. It certainly happens in Word 2003 here.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Pyper Pyper is offline

I figured out what's going on. It's in the fonts. The old fonts I had been
using on the other computer had a higher baseline.