Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Ogra Ogra is offline

Default E-mail not an option for mail merge?

I am trying to set up a bulk email through Word 2002. I can send individual
emails through Word 2002, and I have Outlook Express 6 on this machine as
well. When I bring up the Mail Merge Wizard, it doesn't even suggest email
as a possible option for mail merge. How can I get Word 2002 to allow me to
send a mail merge email?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You need to set Outlook, not Outlook Express as your default mail program.
As you are using Word 2002, you will almost certainly also have Outlook.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Ogra" wrote in message
I am trying to set up a bulk email through Word 2002. I can send
individual
emails through Word 2002, and I have Outlook Express 6 on this machine as
well. When I bring up the Mail Merge Wizard, it doesn't even suggest
email
as a possible option for mail merge. How can I get Word 2002 to allow me
send a mail merge email?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See, e.g.

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0002.htm

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 01/11/2009 20:46, Ogra wrote:
I am trying to set up a bulk email through Word 2002. I can send individual
emails through Word 2002, and I have Outlook Express 6 on this machine as
well. When I bring up the Mail Merge Wizard, it doesn't even suggest email
as a possible option for mail merge. How can I get Word 2002 to allow me to
send a mail merge email?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cathy Allington Cathy Allington is offline

Outlook is really easy to set up, rather than Outlook Express, and
soooo much more powerful.

Just go to Start | All Programmes | Microsoft Office | Outlook. It
will gcome up with a wizard asking if you want to set Outlook as the
default email programme, and then copy across everything from OL
Express - just say yes to all of this. Whhen complete, open Outlook,
select the contacts you want to send the email merge to, and go to
Tools | Mail Merge, and it will bring up the mail merge dialogue box,
which should be self explantory if you are used to mail merge. And
just follow through from there.

On Nov 2, 6:45*pm, "Doug Robbins - Word MVP"
wrote:
You need to set Outlook, not Outlook Express as your default mail program..
As you are using Word 2002, you will almost certainly also have Outlook.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

I am trying to set up a bulk email through Word 2002. *I can send
individual
emails through Word 2002, and I have Outlook Express 6 on this machine as
well. *When I bring up the Mail Merge Wizard, it doesn't even suggest
email
as a possible option for mail merge. *How can I get Word 2002 to allow me
send a mail merge email?- Hide quoted text -