Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
LCalaway LCalaway is offline

Default Mail Merge to print as continuous document

I am attempting to prepare a document to merge more than 2500 records. The
final document should print one record after the other, moving to the next
page when the page being printed is full. The data to be merged comes from
an MSAccess database containing approxinately 50 fields per record to filter.
There are several nested IF statements involved in my merge script. The
final printed records are not identical as to the number of fields printing,
so they will differ in length. The final document is meant to print to 8-1/2
x 11 pages.

I get one record per page when i merge the document. What do i need to do
to get one continuous document? I am using Word 2003.
Thank you.
LCalaway

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You probably have the merge type set to "Letters". Change it to
"Directory" - e.g., ensure the Mailmerge toolbar is enabled via
View-Toolbars, then click on the first button and select the Directory
option in there.

However, you then have to merge to a new document before you can print.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk