Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Louise Calaway Louise Calaway is offline

Default date format

I have formatted my dates in the underlying MSAccess file as "Short" -
mm/dd/yyyy -- which is what I want.. When the dates come through to the
merged Word document they look like this: yyyy-mm-dd 00:00:00

How does one control the date format.
Thank you.
L Calaway

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Louise Calaway wrote:
I have formatted my dates in the underlying MSAccess file as "Short" -
mm/dd/yyyy -- which is what I want.. When the dates come through to the
merged Word document they look like this: yyyy-mm-dd 00:00:00

How does one control the date format.
Thank you.
L Calaway

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

or, use the Format() function in an Access query to convert the date to
text in the format that you want and use the query as the data source.

Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my
services on a paid professional basis.