Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Office System User[_2_] Office System User[_2_] is offline

Default formatting of data

I have a mail merge which requires the use of one of eleven paragraphs within
the text. Portions of each paragraph is bolded and in italics.

I generate Excel databases and this one contains a field with a number that
indicates which paragraph is to be used. I realize I cannot set up a field
for the text because all the formatting would be lost.

I can create a word document for each of the paragraphs if that would allow
me to set up a way to import the correct paragraph into each letter.

Is there a command or string of commands that would allow me to set this up
- I assume the command(s) would be placed in the applicable area of the
letter text itself? Do I need to set up anything special in my datafile?