Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
John L[_2_] John L[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2007 - select contacts folder - mailbox not contacts

Outlook 2007 SP2 (exchange client)
Word 2007 SP2
Vista Ultimate SP2

When using the wizard to build mailing labels, I "Select from Outlook
contacts" - Choose Contacts folder

My contacts folder list appears (for those folders checked in Outlook
Address Book - Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book).

Issue:
The location is the mailbox not contacts. When I select a folder, my mail
merge receipients are not the contact in the selected fodler but eMail
items, e.g. subject, from, to, contents, et.al.

How do I get the contact data pointed to not a mailbox?

THX

--

*****************
John Lenz

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See the "Mail Merge from Outlook" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website
at:

http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"John L" wrote in message
Outlook 2007 SP2 (exchange client)
Word 2007 SP2
Vista Ultimate SP2

When using the wizard to build mailing labels, I "Select from Outlook
contacts" - Choose Contacts folder

My contacts folder list appears (for those folders checked in Outlook
Address Book - Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book).

Issue:
The location is the mailbox not contacts. When I select a folder, my mail
merge receipients are not the contact in the selected fodler but eMail
items, e.g. subject, from, to, contents, et.al.

How do I get the contact data pointed to not a mailbox?

THX

--

*****************
John Lenz

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
John L[_2_] John L[_2_] is offline

Thanks - the start from Outlook worked.

Next question. I saved the word doc with the selected merge fields for
future use. When I opened it, it ran the SQL command from the first data
selection, not the current one. How do I use a saved word document as the
template for the outlook initiated merge?

--

*****************
John Lenz

See the "Mail Merge from Outlook" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at:

http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services
on
a paid professional basis.

"John L" wrote in message
Outlook 2007 SP2 (exchange client)
Word 2007 SP2
Vista Ultimate SP2

When using the wizard to build mailing labels, I "Select from Outlook
contacts" - Choose Contacts folder

My contacts folder list appears (for those folders checked in Outlook
Address Book - Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book).

Issue:
The location is the mailbox not contacts. When I select a folder, my mail
merge receipients are not the contact in the selected fodler but eMail
items, e.g. subject, from, to, contents, et.al.

How do I get the contact data pointed to not a mailbox?

THX

--

*****************
John Lenz

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

With the document open in Word, change the type of document from a label
type mail merge main document to a Normal Word Document to disassociate it
from the Data Source. Then change it back to a label type main document and
then Save it as a template.

Then the next time you start the merge from Outlook, select that template as
the basis for the merge.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP