Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
PurplePC PurplePC is offline

Default Entering "Next Record" in label merge

Each time I try to enter the "Next Record" rule in my label merge I get a
message that says "You cannot include DATA, NEXT, ... fields in comments,
headers, footers, footnotes or endnotes."

I am currently using WD 2007 and I never had this problem with previous
versions of Word.

I saw that there was a bug acknowledged by MS for Tablet PCs, but I have a
regular laptop and the workaround didn't seem to apply to PCs.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you setup the document as a label merge document and enter the data in
the first cell there is no need to insert a Next Record field. Propagating
the fields will add Next record fields as necessary. If you want to vary the
number of labels for each record, then having propagated the labels change
the document type to letter and remove the Next fields that are not
required. See http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm