Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
walker walker is offline

Default Saving with Microsoft 2007

I am using a new laptop with Microsoft 2007 installed, whereas I am used to
the 2003 version. I am not sure how to "Save As", using the 2007 version. I
have saved documents to a travel drive and wish to save some of those files
to my laptop under different names, after I have worked on them. Just how can
I do that? The 2003 version contained "Save as" and "Rename" to do these jobs.
--
Thanks, A. Walker
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Office button - Save As.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Walker" wrote in message
I am using a new laptop with Microsoft 2007 installed, whereas I am used to
the 2003 version. I am not sure how to "Save As", using the 2007 version.
have saved documents to a travel drive and wish to save some of those
files
to my laptop under different names, after I have worked on them. Just how
can
I do that? The 2003 version contained "Save as" and "Rename" to do these
jobs.
--
Thanks, A. Walker

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

NEVER save directly to any form of removable drive such as a memory stick.
Always work with the local HDD and then Copy to/from the removable memory.
Working to/from a removable drive is the number 1 destroyer of documents.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Walker" wrote in message
I am using a new laptop with Microsoft 2007 installed, whereas I am used
the 2003 version. I am not sure how to "Save As", using the 2007 version.
have saved documents to a travel drive and wish to save some of those
files
to my laptop under different names, after I have worked on them. Just how
can
I do that? The 2003 version contained "Save as" and "Rename" to do these
jobs.
--
Thanks, A. Walker

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
walker walker is offline

Thanx, Terry. Advancing from a "floppy" system to a system that accepts only
CD or travel disk storage is challenging, and I cannot readily identify the
advantages to it over the floppy, except having more storage available in a
smaller pkg.
-
Thanks, A. Walker

"Walker" wrote in message
I am using a new laptop with Microsoft 2007 installed, whereas I am used
the 2003 version. I am not sure how to "Save As", using the 2007 version.
have saved documents to a travel drive and wish to save some of those
files
to my laptop under different names, after I have worked on them. Just how
can
I do that? The 2003 version contained "Save as" and "Rename" to do these
jobs.
--
Thanks, A. Walker

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
walker walker is offline

Oh my, JoAnn, I never even thought to hover over that Office icon. And by
golly, there it is. It replaces the "File" button, of all things. What a
no-brainer! I do not remember getting an operations manual, if there was one,
when I purchased the Office software, unless I misplaced it, so I have been
playing it by ear.

Did I say Thanx? Well....

Thanks, A. Walker

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Office button - Save As.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Walker" wrote in message
I am using a new laptop with Microsoft 2007 installed, whereas I am used to
the 2003 version. I am not sure how to "Save As", using the 2007 version.
have saved documents to a travel drive and wish to save some of those
files
to my laptop under different names, after I have worked on them. Just how
can
I do that? The 2003 version contained "Save as" and "Rename" to do these
jobs.
--
Thanks, A. Walker

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If you're starting from scratch, then you may find this helpful:

Office 2007 cheat sheet
http://blogs.msdn.com/jensenh/archiv...31/611552.aspx
http://blogs.vertigosoftware.com/jat...heatsheet.aspx

It provides the five most essential tips to get you started in Office (the
Office Button is #3).

http://word.mvps.org

"Walker" wrote in message
Oh my, JoAnn, I never even thought to hover over that Office icon. And by
golly, there it is. It replaces the "File" button, of all things. What a
no-brainer! I do not remember getting an operations manual, if there was
one,
when I purchased the Office software, unless I misplaced it, so I have
been
playing it by ear.

Did I say Thanx? Well....

Thanks, A. Walker

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Office button - Save As.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Walker" wrote in message
I am using a new laptop with Microsoft 2007 installed, whereas I am used
the 2003 version. I am not sure how to "Save As", using the 2007
version.
have saved documents to a travel drive and wish to save some of those
files
to my laptop under different names, after I have worked on them. Just
how
can
I do that? The 2003 version contained "Save as" and "Rename" to do
these
jobs.
--
Thanks, A. Walker

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Yes, there is a very extensive manual ‹ It's called "Help" ;-)

Seriously, shipping printed documentation with software was virtually
discontinued by most developers more than 10 years ago. The locally
installed electronic Help files combined with web access provide more
extensive, current, searchable information as well as tutorials, videos &
access to other resources.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 1/3/10 8:01 PM, in article ,
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I do not remember getting an operations manual, if there was
one,
when I purchased the Office software, unless I misplaced it, so I have
been
playing it by ear.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you must use floppy discs you can, but never ever read from, write to, or
print from floppy with Word. These are the most certain methods of ensuring
document corruption.

*Copy* to/from the hard disc and always work on the document from there.

Word creates a raft of temporary files in the disc work space. The size and
number of the files is not obvious. If there is no room for them, there is
no warning. The disc will be corrupted and you will lose everything on the
disc