Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Dagmar Dagmar is offline

Default Mail Merge Question

Dear all,

please answer this question:

I prepared a mail merge in Word 2007, I need to send it to our members
(about 250) then when I get to the last step of the process, the
"finish and merge" "Send email messages" nothing happens.

I fill in the To and Subject field, fill in ALL and press OK and then
Word goes through all the 250 emails/records. But nothing happens, no
email is send (that I know of).

Outlook is my default email program, but within my outlook I have two
accounts, preferably I want to send it from the non-default account.
But I am at a point that I am happy went WORD sends it from any
account.

I tried to find the "mail merge" button in Outlook (it should be there
according to many people on help sites), but it is not there, was it
maybe not installed by our administrator in my outlook version???

Who knows/recognises this problem and can help me?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

What do you mean when you say that you "fill in the To" field? At that
point, are you selecting the field in the data source that contains the
email addresses of the people to whom you want to send the mail merge?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Dagmar" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can only merge using the default account, unless you install a third
party add-in like MAPILab's Mailmerge toolkit add-in for Outlook
http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/mail_merge/ . Incidentally installing the
trial of that is reported to fix communication problems when merging which
are retained when the add-in is removed.See also
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0002.htm. Though this refers to earlier versions,
the principles remain good for Word 2007.

The mail merge button in Outlook is found on the tools menu when your
Contacts list is on screen. -
http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

"Dagmar" wrote in message
[...]

Mail merge question [email protected] Mailmerge 6 November 7th 08 05:39 PM
Mail Merge Question JessicaSR Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 07 06:16 PM
Mail Merge Question Dee Mailmerge 2 November 17th 07 09:47 AM
mail merge question Erika Mailmerge 1 August 15th 07 09:45 PM
Mail Merge Question Studebaker Microsoft Word Help 3 March 3rd 07 08:07 AM