Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
adupre518 adupre518 is offline

Default How do I create a Word mailmerge form using data provided in Excel

Hi, as the membership officer of a volunteer fire department, it is my job to
mail out dues notices to all of those we support in the area. The list is
provided to us from our local tax office in an Excel spreadsheet that
includes columns for property id, legal descriptions, name, address, city,
state, and zip as well as some other info. Most of the time there is an
owner at the same address that has several properties, each with their own
property id. What I would like to do is create a mailmerge form in Word that
would pull the owner info (owner name & address) and then list all of the
associated property id's/descriptions that match for that owner onto 1 form.
We have about 4500 line items in the spreadsheet we are provided, but based
on previous mailouts, we only have about 2500 recipients. So to save postage
and printing costs, I would like to put all of the properties that a
particular owner has on one form to be mailed out. I have been told using
Access would be easier, but to keep it simple for those that follow in this
position, I would like to keep the data as simple and unmanipulated as
possible. I have read the Catalog mailmerge tutorial from Macropod, but its
not making a whole lot of sense to me. I have created the main document that
I want to merge, but lost on the fields and how to make them work. Any
assistance would be greatly appreciated. I am using Word/Excel 2002 SP3
Thanks,
Anthony Dupre

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Fellow MVP Macropod's "Word 97-2007 Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge Tutorial"
is the way to go.

If you want to send me the mail merge main document that you have created
plus your Excel Spreadsheet, I will get it all set up for you and send it
back to you.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"adupre518" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi adupre518,

You can use Word's Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge facility for this (the terminology depends on the Word version). To see how, check
out my Word 97-2007 Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge Tutorial at:
http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/ind...owtopic=731107
or
http://www.gmayor.com/Zips/Catalogue%20Mailmerge.zip
Do read the tutorial before trying to use the mailmerge document included with it.

--
Cheers
macropod

"adupre518" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
adupre518 adupre518 is offline

Default How do I create a Word mailmerge form using data provided in E

Doug,
I really appreciate the help! Should I send the files to your dkr address
from my personal email address?

Again, Thanks
Anthony

"adupre518" wrote in message
[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Yes, send them to

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Fellow MVP Macropod's "Word 97-2007 Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge
Tutorial"
is the way to go.

If you want to send me the mail merge main document that you have created
plus your Excel Spreadsheet, I will get it all set up for you and send it
back to you.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services
on
a paid professional basis.