Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jeff Ciaccio[_2_] Jeff Ciaccio[_2_] is offline

Default Simple mail merge to select email recipients in Word2000

I have created a mail merge, but I was wondering if there is a way to put a
mail merge field in the To: box so that the merged document is sent only to
the person it was intended.

For example
To: email1
CC: email2

Thanks in advance!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jeff Ciaccio[_2_] Jeff Ciaccio[_2_] is offline

I see in help that I should have an option when I do the merge that I should
have an option to merge to "Electronic Mail", but this is not an option. I
don't understand how to set this up.

I can go to file Send To Mail Recipient and email one-by-one, so shouldn't I
be able to merge to Electronic Mail?

Thanks!!

"Jeff Ciaccio" wrote in message
I have created a mail merge, but I was wondering if there is a way to put a
mail merge field in the To: box so that the merged document is sent only to
the person it was intended.

For example
To: email1
CC: email2

Thanks in advance!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

What version of Word are you using? and what mail program are you using?

Under the Finish and Merge button in Word 2007, there is a Send to Email
item. If you use that, you will be asked to nominate the field in the
datasource that contains the email addresses.

Alternatively, see the "Mailmerge from Outlook" item on fellow MVP Graham
Mayor's website at:

http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"Jeff Ciaccio" wrote in message
I see in help that I should have an option when I do the merge that I
should have an option to merge to "Electronic Mail", but this is not an
option. I don't understand how to set this up.

I can go to file Send To Mail Recipient and email one-by-one, so shouldn't
I be able to merge to Electronic Mail?

Thanks!!

"Jeff Ciaccio" wrote in message
I have created a mail merge, but I was wondering if there is a way to put
a mail merge field in the To: box so that the merged document is sent only
to the person it was intended.

For example
To: email1
CC: email2

Thanks in advance!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0002.htm
This function when resurrected will not allow you to add a CC address.

"Jeff Ciaccio" wrote in message
I see in help that I should have an option when I do the merge that I
should have an option to merge to "Electronic Mail", but this is not an
option. I don't understand how to set this up.

I can go to file Send To Mail Recipient and email one-by-one, so shouldn't
I be able to merge to Electronic Mail?

Thanks!!

"Jeff Ciaccio" wrote in message
I have created a mail merge, but I was wondering if there is a way to put
a mail merge field in the To: box so that the merged document is sent only
to the person it was intended.

For example
To: email1
CC: email2

Thanks in advance!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jeff Ciaccio[_2_] Jeff Ciaccio[_2_] is offline

I'm using W 2000 and Windows Mail and Vista Home.

Thanks
What version of Word are you using? and what mail program are you using?

Under the Finish and Merge button in Word 2007, there is a Send to Email
item. If you use that, you will be asked to nominate the field in the
datasource that contains the email addresses.

Alternatively, see the "Mailmerge from Outlook" item on fellow MVP Graham
Mayor's website at:

http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services
on
a paid professional basis.

"Jeff Ciaccio" wrote in message
I see in help that I should have an option when I do the merge that I
should have an option to merge to "Electronic Mail", but this is not an
option. I don't understand how to set this up.

I can go to file Send To Mail Recipient and email one-by-one, so
shouldn't I be able to merge to Electronic Mail?

Thanks!!

"Jeff Ciaccio" wrote in message
I have created a mail merge, but I was wondering if there is a way to put
a mail merge field in the To: box so that the merged document is sent
only to the person it was intended.

For example
To: email1
CC: email2

Thanks in advance!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

In that case, assuming that you are using the Mail merge helper with its 1,
2, 3 steps, in step 1 you select FormLetter and after selecting/creating
your data source in Step 2 and having inserted the mergefields into the main
document, when you go to Step 3, select Electronic mail as the destination
for your mail merge and then click on the Setup button in the dialog and a
Merge To Setup dialog box will appear in which you can select the Data field
that contains the Mail/Fax address and also enter the subject line for the
email messages that will be sent.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

[...]

To: email1
CC: email2

Thanks in advance!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jeff Ciaccio[_3_] Jeff Ciaccio[_3_] is offline

There is no option to select Electronic Mail. I'm wondering if it's just
not finding Windows Mail as my default.

[...]

To: email1
CC: email2

Thanks in advance!!