Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Tina Tina is offline

Default Merging docs with access is not Saving the steps

I know how to merge docs and it has worked perfectly until the "upgrade to
2007" Now I have to redo the steps to finding the data base every time I want
to merge a doc...the steps are not saving with the file...I've read a ton on
this problem but I have not read a solution...does anyone have a solution?
word 2007 with access 2007...on my desktop no server involved.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Two suggestions, just in case you have not tried them

1...
a. open your mail merge main document and go through the steps
necessary to connect (again).
b. use "Mailings-Start Mail Merge to change the document type to
"Normal Word document
c. save and close the document
d. re-open the document. You should not see any messages about a data
source
e. re-connect to the data source and set the mail merge document type
as required
f. save and close the document
g. re-open the document. You will at least see the "SQL" message box
(unless you have already made the change to the Windows registry that
fixes that). But with any luck, the connection will then proceed without
further effort.

2...
a. If you do not need the features of the .docx format, keep to .doc.
b. then if necessary, do (1).

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 07/01/2010 23:24, Tina wrote:
I know how to merge docs and it has worked perfectly until the "upgrade to
2007" Now I have to redo the steps to finding the data base every time I want
to merge a doc...the steps are not saving with the file...I've read a ton on
this problem but I have not read a solution...does anyone have a solution?
word 2007 with access 2007...on my desktop no server involved.

Steps for Cleaning Legacy Word Docs Bill Gruener Microsoft Word Help 0 March 6th 09 03:23 PM
Merging 2 docs- one on odd pages, other on evens ? lllusion Microsoft Word Help 2 October 4th 06 03:08 PM
merging docs with tracked changes Barbara White Formatting Long Documents 0 January 21st 05 02:55 PM
merging docs carrol Mailmerge 1 January 4th 05 07:29 AM
merging from access Ilan Mailmerge 3 December 30th 04 10:30 PM