Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Edgeman916 Edgeman916 is offline

Default Saved as

When i go to bring up a document I thought I had saved. It comes up in some
kind of abrieviated symbol oriented or encrypted type of font. What happened
to the document I thought I saved and how do I restore it back to a readable
and interactive state?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You do not say which version of Word you're using. It sounds either like
you've contracted a virus, or perhaps you're using an older versoin of Word
I which Recover text from any file is "stuck" as the default open behavior.
Choose File - Open, and see if File of Type is set to "Recover...". If it
is, then change it back to Word (*.doc) or All files (*.*), and see if that
eliminates the problem.

--

Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible