Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ross from Orlando[_2_] Ross from Orlando[_2_] is offline

Default Table Cells

In Word 2007, is there a quick way to determine what table cell you
the insertion point is in? I have a vague recolleciton of a feature to
do this in earlier versions of Word. Thanks,

Ross
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

See if either of the macros at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...eIncorrect.htm and
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Table_Cell_Data.htm will work in Word 2007.

http://word.mvps.org

"Ross from Orlando" wrote in message
In Word 2007, is there a quick way to determine what table cell you
the insertion point is in? I have a vague recolleciton of a feature to
do this in earlier versions of Word. Thanks,

Ross

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ross from Orlando[_2_] Ross from Orlando[_2_] is offline

On Jan 8, 2:33*pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
See if either of the macros athttp://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/SumAboveIncorrect.htmandhttp://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Table_Cell_Data.htmwill work in Word 2007.

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"Ross from Orlando" wrote in ...

In Word 2007, is there a quick way to determine what table cell you
the insertion point is in? I have a vague recolleciton of a feature to
do this in earlier versions of Word. Thanks,

Ross- Hide quoted text -

Thanks, Susan, but it does not work in Word 2007. I think that
sometimes creating an Excel spreadsheet and pasting into Word is
easier.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

That's interesting because I have the macro from
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...eIncorrect.htm installed in Word
2007, and it works as advertised.

http://word.mvps.org

"Ross from Orlando" wrote in message
On Jan 8, 2:33 pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
See if either of the macros
athttp://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/SumAboveIncorrect.htmandhttp://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Table_Cell_Data.htmwill
work in Word 2007.

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"Ross from Orlando" wrote in

In Word 2007, is there a quick way to determine what table cell you
the insertion point is in? I have a vague recolleciton of a feature to
do this in earlier versions of Word. Thanks,

Ross- Hide quoted text -

Thanks, Susan, but it does not work in Word 2007. I think that
sometimes creating an Excel spreadsheet and pasting into Word is
easier.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Ross,

The following macro works in Word 2007 too:

Sub CellAddress()
'This macro displays the address of a table cell on Word's status bar
If Selection.Information(wdWithInTable) = True Then
If Selection.Cells(1).ColumnIndex 26 Then
StatusBar = "Cell Address: " & Chr(64 + Int(Selection.Cells(1).ColumnIndex / 26)) & _
Chr(64 + (Selection.Cells(1).ColumnIndex Mod 26)) & Selection.Cells(1).RowIndex
Else
StatusBar = "Cell Address: " & Chr(64 + Selection.Cells(1).ColumnIndex) & _
Selection.Cells(1).RowIndex
End If
End If
End Sub

--
Cheers
macropod

"Ross from Orlando" wrote in message ...
In Word 2007, is there a quick way to determine what table cell you
the insertion point is in? I have a vague recolleciton of a feature to
do this in earlier versions of Word. Thanks,

Ross

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

On Jan 8, 10:36*pm, "macropod" wrote:
[...]

Well, I figured this out, and the long and the short of it is that
both macros work. Thanks,

Ross
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Beware however of the potentially misleading result if the table contains
merged cells.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.