Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
whooligans whooligans is offline

Default Word 2007 "Not Responding" After Serveral Records

Hello -

I have performed many successful email merges through Word using an Excel
2007 list. Intermittently, yet consistently, Winword.exe reports "Not
Responding" status. I am using Windows Vista SP2 with Office 2007 SP2. My
steps to reproduce a

1) Create email template in Word 2007.
2) Select 'Mailings' and 'Start Merge' and 'Email Messages'
3) Click 'Select Recipients' and I select an Excel 2007 file. My 600 person
email list correctly populates the 'Edit Recipient List' dialog.
4) I click 'Finish & Merge', select the email address for the 'To' field,
populate the 'Subject' field, and start sending.
5) ISSUE - usually after 10 or more emails being placed in my Outlook 2007
(SP2) outbox, Word stops responding - 'Not Responding' is in the title bar.

Methods I've attempted to troubleshoot but have been unsuccessful:
1) Taking my computer off the network.
2) Having Outlook in 'Work Offline' mode
3) Closing all other unnecessary applications and processes in Task Manager.
I've killed processes only in the logged-in user space, not System, Local
Service, or Network Service processes.
4) Uninstalled & Reinstalled Outlook 2007

Please - better yet - PRETTY PLEASE help!?