Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BK BK is offline

Default Single Label

Using Windows and Office 2007

I select a specific label size and choose to type a single label in a
specific row and column. When I type that information in the address box,
how can I format the text to be centered, bold, and a specific style and
size? The only way to do that seems to be to select new document and view
the gridlines so that I can find the specific row and column. Then I can
type the text and format it.

Is there any way to format the label text from the single label option??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

After typing the address information, select it all and then right-click.
You can choose Font or Paragraph from the menu and format it that way.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

BK wrote:
Using Windows and Office 2007

I select a specific label size and choose to type a single label in a
specific row and column. When I type that information in the address
box, how can I format the text to be centered, bold, and a specific
style and size? The only way to do that seems to be to select new
document and view the gridlines so that I can find the specific row
and column. Then I can type the text and format it.

Is there any way to format the label text from the single label
option??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BK BK is offline

Thanks so much for the information. I wish I could remember to right click
everything before I ask a question. grin

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
After typing the address information, select it all and then right-click.
You can choose Font or Paragraph from the menu and format it that way.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

BK wrote:
Using Windows and Office 2007

I select a specific label size and choose to type a single label in a
specific row and column. When I type that information in the address
box, how can I format the text to be centered, bold, and a specific
style and size? The only way to do that seems to be to select new
document and view the gridlines so that I can find the specific row
and column. Then I can type the text and format it.

Is there any way to format the label text from the single label
option??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BK BK is offline

Here is another question: I am not typing an address on an address lable.
I'm typing a name on a name tag and would like it centered. Didn't find
that option in either the font or the paragraph options, so I tried CTRL + E
and it didn't work. Am I just missing something again????

BK wrote:
Using Windows and Office 2007

I select a specific label size and choose to type a single label in a
specific row and column. When I type that information in the address
box, how can I format the text to be centered, bold, and a specific
style and size? The only way to do that seems to be to select new
document and view the gridlines so that I can find the specific row
and column. Then I can type the text and format it.

Is there any way to format the label text from the single label
option??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Yes, it's unfortunate that the keyboard shortcuts don't work in that dialog.

Choose the Paragraph dialog from the right-click menu, and set the Alignment
dropdown to Center.

BK wrote:
Here is another question: I am not typing an address on an address
lable. I'm typing a name on a name tag and would like it centered. Didn't
find that option in either the font or the paragraph options,
so I tried CTRL + E and it didn't work. Am I just missing something
again????

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
After typing the address information, select it all and then
right-click. You can choose Font or Paragraph from the menu and
format it that way. --
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.