Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ken Ken is offline

Default showing dates, e.g. 1st, 2nd, 3rd with st, nd, rd in superscript

I've recently started using Word 2007. I prefer to write dates in the form
1st January, rather than January 1. My previous edition of word always
automatically gave st, nd and rd as smaller font superscripts or suffixes. I
can't find a way of getting Word 7 to do that as a default.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

See the Date Fields with Ordinals section of the following page of fellow
MVP Graham Mayor's website:

Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"Ken" wrote in message
I've recently started using Word 2007. I prefer to write dates in the form
1st January, rather than January 1. My previous edition of word always
automatically gave st, nd and rd as smaller font superscripts or suffixes.
can't find a way of getting Word 7 to do that as a default.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Ken,

If the numbers are being typed from the keyboard with the ordinals immediately following, then Word's auto formatting ought to
superscript the ordinals. If it's not working, check your settings.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Ken" wrote in message ...
I've recently started using Word 2007. I prefer to write dates in the form
1st January, rather than January 1. My previous edition of word always
automatically gave st, nd and rd as smaller font superscripts or suffixes. I
can't find a way of getting Word 7 to do that as a default.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Office Button Word Options Proofing Autocorrect Options Autoformat
as you type Check Ordinals (1st) with superscript.