Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
janey janey is offline

Default Shortcut to Word 2007

In Word 2003, I had a shortcut with /n to open Word without a blank page
being opened.
I have tried to do this in Word 2007 as follows:
Right-click on Microsoft Office Word 2007 in the Start Menu, send to
Desktop, Create Shortcut.
Right-click on Shortcut.

However, I get stuck there as I do not have an option to add /n as there is
no 'Start in' listed.

Can you help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Instead of trying to create a shortcut from the item on the Start menu
(which is itself only a shortcut), go to the folder C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Office\Office12. Right-click the file WinWord.exe and choose
Send To Desktop. That will create a shortcut that you can edit. IMPORTANT:
the /n switch goes at the end of the command line in the Target box, NOT the
Start In box.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman