Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LaniesMom LaniesMom is offline

Default Saved to invalid directory-is there a way to access the document?

Hi There

I'm using Word 2007 and attempted to review an interview document only to
find I had saved it to an 'invalid directory'. The document I need was saved
to a document I had been reviewing previously so now the file name has both
..doc and .zip listed in the file name.

Has anyone ever had this happen before? Do you know if it's possible to
change the name of the file so I can access it? Any help you can provide
would be appreciated more than you know.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ben ben is offline

LaniesMom wrote:
Has anyone ever had this happen before? Do you know if it's possible to
change the name of the file so I can access it? Any help you can provide
would be appreciated more than you know.

If it is in Word format just open it in Word again and resave it. If it
was the last thing you were working on and it is in your document
history you can just do Alt-F and press 1. To rename it you can just
click on the file and hit F2 and type a new name for it as long as the
file isn't already open by Word or locked by another process (in which
case it will need to be closed first).

Regards,
Ben