Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
jbclem jbclem is offline

Default How to change formating in html document copied into Word .

I've copied a 2.5 pages of text (invoice form plus legal Terms and
Conditions) from a website into Word 2002. The paragraphs(or lines) have an
extra blank line in between them, and to make it fit into two pages I've
tried to change the line spacing by using the DEL key, deleting the blank
line between two paragraphs(or between two lines). But the line format
seems to be locked as doublespaced and using the DEL key just brings the
lower paragraph up into the middle of the paragraph above it (where the
cursor is, at the end of the line that ends the paragraph).

Is there a way to unlock this formatting so that I can change the double
spacing to single spacing? I don't want to lose all of the formating that
came with this website document, because the placing/location of certain
parts of the invoice needs to be retained.

jc

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
jbclem jbclem is offline

I didn't mention that this new document has sections copied from two
different sources, one of which is the website I mentioned. The first page
of the document, the invoice part, is already single spaced. The problem is
that the second section (Terms and Conditions) is the one that has double
spacing between paragraphs and I'm trying to fit it into the second page(or
side) of my new document by making it single spaced, but it's locked in a
double spaced mode.

When I check in Word, FORMAT/PARAGRAPH, the line spacing is listed as single
for my new document.

Hope this makes more sense then the first posting.

jc

"jbclem" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Look at the paragraph formatting and check the Line Spacing and Space
Before/After settings. Make sure you are not plagiarising someone's work.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"jbclem" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DeanH DeanH is offline

See the following article for tips that could help you.
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/CleanWebText.htm

Hope this helps
DeanH

.