Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MikeB[_2_] MikeB[_2_] is offline

Default Force table cells to remain a pre-set size

I'm trying to design a rather complex document with a table inside
each table cell. I have used the table properties to set the row and
column widths of the outer table, but when I adjust the inner table to
try and make it fit, Often the outer table cells/rows/columns also
change sizes to accommodate the inner table. Is there a way to
absolutely tell Word 2007 that I do not want it to mess with my table
size specifications?

Thanks,.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

If you right-click on the table, select AutoFitFixed Column Width.

If that doesn't quite do it for you, right-click on the table and select
Table Properties, you can set a 'preferred' size for the table width, ditto
for Column width and 'Exact' size for Row height.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP