Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Ricki Miles Ricki Miles is offline

Default Date code

I have had this problem in Word 2003 as well as Word 2007. When I type in a
date such as January 13, 2010, just before I finish typing it, the screen
tip shows 2010-01-13 (Press Enter to insert). Many times I need to press
Enter as the date needs to be on a line by itself and I get the extra date
text that I do not want. I was told that in version 2003, if AutoText
completions were turned on, I would get this date completion, even if I
don't want it. Is there any way in both versions to disable the date
completion without changing AutoText or Building Blocks? Thanks,

Ricki