PaulM PaulM is offline
Junior Member

Smile Using Drop Down List to Autofill

Hello there,

I need to send a word doc with the same structure to multiple counterparts. I want to create a drop down list so that when I select the name, the address, telephone and email details all autofill. I would also like other parts of the document further down to autofill based on the name selection.

Is this possible, and if so, how?

Many thanks,
Paul
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Using Drop Down List to Autofill

This sort of document is described in http://www.gmayor.com/SelectFile.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

PaulM wrote:
Hello there,

I need to send a word doc with the same structure to multiple
counterparts. I want to create a drop down list so that when I select
the name, the address, telephone and email details all autofill. I
would also like other parts of the document further down to autofill
based on the name selection.

Is this possible, and if so, how?

Many thanks,
Paul

PaulM PaulM is offline
Junior Member

Thanks, was hoping not to have to learn VBA.... but looks like it might be the only way.....

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Freedman View Post

PaulM wrote:
Hello there,

I need to send a word doc with the same structure to multiple
counterparts. I want to create a drop down list so that when I select
the name, the address, telephone and email details all autofill. I
would also like other parts of the document further down to autofill
based on the name selection.

Is this possible, and if so, how?

Many thanks,
Paul
ClitusJobs ClitusJobs is offline
Junior Member

What do you think about a great day where we play games together and meet a lot of new people? kogama squid is a game based on the well-known film that has the largest player community today, so we may choose to participate.

thomas4 thomas4 is offline
Junior Member

kindly share a detail answer for this query. I really appreciate your effort. For the academic service from experts UK you can visit here at Academic Service.
Elizabeth67 Elizabeth67 is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
Hello there,

I need to send a word doc with the same structure to multiple counterparts. I want to create a drop down list so that when I select the name, the address, telephone and email details all autofill. I would also like other parts of the document further down to autofill based on the name selection.

Is this possible, and if so, how?

Many thanks,
Paul
The entries might be added to a dropdown content control. Because the dropdown only allows for a single line per item, the remaining data might be exported to a plain text or rich text content control with a on exit macro (i.e. you must exit the dropdown content control after updating it for the conditional output to appear).

https://sanlis.pl/