Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark@Plats Mark@Plats is offline

Default Drill Down Features

Does Word have the capability do "drill down" to information in a document
for more specific information? For example, we are setting up a policy
manual that we will save and make available for your managers in an
electronic format. I would like to be able to have them read through the
generalized text, and if they want more information, be able to "drill down"
or "open up" more detailed information on that topic.

And help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

Depends on how you want the drilling down to be done. For example, you could
add a link pointing to another part of the document (or another document
alltogether). At the end of that part, you could then again provide a link
to the original place in the text.

Yves

"Mark@Plats" wrote in message
Does Word have the capability do "drill down" to information in a document
for more specific information? For example, we are setting up a policy
manual that we will save and make available for your managers in an
electronic format. I would like to be able to have them read through the
generalized text, and if they want more information, be able to "drill
down"
or "open up" more detailed information on that topic.

And help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

For the "open up" scenario, see
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Toggle_Data_Display.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Mark@Plats" wrote in message
Does Word have the capability do "drill down" to information in a document
for more specific information? For example, we are setting up a policy
manual that we will save and make available for your managers in an
electronic format. I would like to be able to have them read through the
generalized text, and if they want more information, be able to "drill
down"
or "open up" more detailed information on that topic.

And help would be appreciated. Thanks.

davidjohn6366 davidjohn6366 is offline
Banned

Before buying a gadget online you should do an online research first. You should read about the product reviews before purchasing it online. Various online websites offer electronic supplies on the latest gadgets available. Exact product description and specifications are mentioned on the website which let the customers know about the product and make a wise choice.

features pakman Microsoft Word Help 1 June 17th 09 01:07 PM
Features included in the MS PDF add-in sfisher Microsoft Word Help 4 June 3rd 08 04:00 AM
Features godmongo Microsoft Word Help 20 July 22nd 06 07:37 AM
WORD insert reference drill in items hierarchy Bertrand Braschi Microsoft Word Help 0 April 7th 06 02:36 PM
enable features gafeney531 Microsoft Word Help 6 February 22nd 06 08:07 PM