Dr Mac Dr Mac is offline
Junior Member

Default position of comments

Couldn't find this in FAQ. When reading uploaded student papers, I use track changes and insert comment functions. Usually the comments appear on the right had side (easy for students and me to find) but sometimes they appear on the bottom.

I checked word preferences and track change options but couldn't find how to get comments to appear in balloons on the side.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Suzanne S. Barnhill[_3_] Suzanne S. Barnhill[_3_] is offline

What version of Word? Do you have balloons enabled? Is the document in Print
Layout view?

--
Dr Mac

HopeRabb HopeRabb is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne S. Barnhill[_3_] View Post

"Dr Mac" wrote in message news

Couldn't find this in FAQ. When reading uploaded student papers, I use
track changes and insert comment functions. Usually the comments appear
on the right had side (easy for students and me to find) but sometimes
they appear on the bottom.

I checked word preferences and track change options but couldn't find
how to get comments to appear in balloons on the side.

--
Dr Mac
Thanks Dr Mac
bettycooper bettycooper is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Mac View Post
Couldn't find this in FAQ. When reading uploaded student papers, I use track changes and insert comment functions. Usually the comments appear on the right had side (easy for students and me to find) but sometimes they appear on the bottom.

I checked word preferences and track change options but couldn't find how to get comments to appear in balloons on the side.
The track changes and inserts comment functions are not turned on.
io games foodle

Deleted comments - any way for a 3rd party to view deleted comments? SoxFanInVA Microsoft Word Help 3 January 10th 08 06:12 PM
Position Position Microsoft Word Help 0 September 17th 07 08:42 PM
PLEASE HELP - Graphics will not keep their position John Blackwell Microsoft Word Help 5 September 24th 05 05:02 PM
Character Position Karunakar New Users 3 May 26th 05 10:39 AM
Make Word XP comments like Word 97 comments. LEE Microsoft Word Help 1 May 17th 05 05:07 PM