Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
jay m jay m is offline

Default Word RD field not recognized in 2003sp3

this is odd-
In this installation of Word 2003 sp3, RD is not recognized as a valid
field.

I tried Ctrl-F9 to insert the field markers and entered it that way,
and Word wouldn't respond to shift-F9.
Then I edited a working Includetext field (shift-F9 and manually edit)
to RD and still no joy.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
jay m jay m is offline

ok, I see in another forum that the RD field doesn't act like other
fields.
I didn't catch that in a general Google search, had to search the
particular forum to find it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
jay m jay m is offline

On Dec 11, 4:17*pm, jay m wrote:
ok, I see in another forum that the RD field doesn't act like other
fields.
I didn't catch that in a general Google search, had to search the
particular forum to find it.

OK, it works.
Kudos to the word.docmanagement forum!