Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
alex gross alex gross is offline

Default Picture toolbar seems to disappear in Word 2003...

Suzanne or anyone, HELP!

My picture toolbar, which permits me to do so many things seems to have
disappeared in WORD 2003. When i go to View/ Toolbars, it is still checked,
but i just can't make it pop up, & i need it desperately. When i right
click on my documen, i get a box that allows me among other things to "Hide
Toolbar," & if i click it, it switches to "Show Toolbar," but if i click
that, nothing pops up.... Seems to me there must be a simple explanation
for this...

all the best!

alex

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Are you by any chance using dual monitors? Sometimes toolbars wander
offscreen. It may require some VBA (which someone else will have to supply)
to get it back where it belongs.

http://word.mvps.org

"alex gross" wrote in message
m...
Suzanne or anyone, HELP!

My picture toolbar, which permits me to do so many things seems to have
disappeared in WORD 2003. When i go to View/ Toolbars, it is still
checked, but i just can't make it pop up, & i need it desperately. When i
right click on my documen, i get a box that allows me among other things
to "Hide Toolbar," & if i click it, it switches to "Show Toolbar," but if
i click that, nothing pops up.... Seems to me there must be a simple
explanation for this...

all the best!

alex

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
alex gross alex gross is offline

Thanks for your reply, Suzanne! No, I am not using dual monitors. I looked
up VBA in Help & find it has to do with Barcodes, which I associate with
those black thingies on all purchased products, unless it also has something
to do with toolbars... From Help I have DLed something called
BarcodeFunctions.zip, & once i figure out where it DLed to, I'll try to
figure out more.... If anyone else knows something, I'd love to hear it...

I'm hoping the toolbar will reappear as mysteriously as it vanished...

all the best to everyone!

alex

"alex gross" wrote in message
m...
Suzanne or anyone, HELP!

My picture toolbar, which permits me to do so many things seems to have
disappeared in WORD 2003. When i go to View/ Toolbars, it is still
checked, but i just can't make it pop up, & i need it desperately. When
i right click on my documen, i get a box that allows me among other
things to "Hide Toolbar," & if i click it, it switches to "Show Toolbar,"
but if i click that, nothing pops up.... Seems to me there must be a
simple explanation for this...

all the best!

alex

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

VBA has nothing (much) to do with barcodes. VBA is Visual Basic for
Applications, the language used for macros.

http://word.mvps.org

m...

"alex gross" wrote in message
m...
Suzanne or anyone, HELP!

My picture toolbar, which permits me to do so many things seems to have
disappeared in WORD 2003. When i go to View/ Toolbars, it is still
checked, but i just can't make it pop up, & i need it desperately. When
i right click on my documen, i get a box that allows me among other
things to "Hide Toolbar," & if i click it, it switches to "Show
Toolbar," but if i click that, nothing pops up.... Seems to me there
must be a simple explanation for this...

all the best!

alex

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
alex gross alex gross is offline

Thanks again, Suzanne. I think I've figured out several possible
workarounds for this, of which i need use only the first. I have a free
shareware program called IrfanView which flips & saves images for me, which
is what i had been relying on the toolbar to do, and anyway the dialog box
still works, so i can still change sizes in Word. Think MS Paint may flip
images too... Being paranoid, i had considered uninstalling & reinstalling
Word, or since i must finally convert my file to PDF & do the finishing
touches in Acrobat, I had considered doing the photo work there. But with a
bit of luck none of this may be necessary... Thanks again!

alex

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
VBA has nothing (much) to do with barcodes. VBA is Visual Basic for
Applications, the language used for macros.

http://word.mvps.org

m...

"alex gross" wrote in message
m...
Suzanne or anyone, HELP!

My picture toolbar, which permits me to do so many things seems to have
disappeared in WORD 2003. When i go to View/ Toolbars, it is still
checked, but i just can't make it pop up, & i need it desperately.
When i right click on my documen, i get a box that allows me among
other things to "Hide Toolbar," & if i click it, it switches to "Show
Toolbar," but if i click that, nothing pops up.... Seems to me there
must be a simple explanation for this...

all the best!

alex

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

I am sure someone here can provide a macro to make your toolbar visible; it
isn't really that difficult for those who are adept at macros, but I am not.
In any case, you can do anything through the Format Picture dialog that you
can do with the toolbar.

http://word.mvps.org

"alex gross" wrote in message
m...
[...]