Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
AL AL is offline

Default How do I hide a column in a word 2007 table?

How do I hide a column in a word 2007 table?

I have a table that I use that have columns that I have data in that others
do not need to see when they view the file on a shared location. I need these
columns when I use the file so I would want to unhide them when I use the
file but hide them when others view the file?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Luc Luc is offline

Al,
As far as I know there is no way to hide a column in Word, Excel yes not Word.

Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint
"AL" wrote:

How do I hide a column in a word 2007 table?

I have a table that I use that have columns that I have data in that others
do not need to see when they view the file on a shared location. I need these
columns when I use the file so I would want to unhide them when I use the
file but hide them when others view the file?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

True, the best you can do in Word is hide the *contents* of the column (by
formatting it as hidden). Rows, on the other hand, hides completely when
formatted as hidden.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"AL" wrote:

How do I hide a column in a word 2007 table?

I have a table that I use that have columns that I have data in that
others
do not need to see when they view the file on a shared location. I need
these
columns when I use the file so I would want to unhide them when I use the
file but hide them when others view the file?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Melody KirkWagner Melody KirkWagner is offline

You could paste your table into Excel, then insert it - with anything
you want hidden already hidden - as an embedded object into Word. The
hidden info would stay hidden when you embedded it as long as you made
the sheet read-only to other users. Set the print area for the area
you want to be seen, and when you protect the sheet, leave those cells
highlighted so they are selected as "locked." When you want to see
everything yourself, double click on it so it opens in Excel, where
you can manipulate it as you please. If it won't paste properly into
Excel, try this: http://tribeofadmins.com/home/the-wi...ur-excel-table

-Melody
http://tribeofadmins.com