Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
WayneBurrows WayneBurrows is offline

Default Table columns out of alignment

I have a table in which I have 5 columns and 4 rows.

I merged the two cells in column 3 rows 2 and 3 in the centre of the
table.

The table boundaries are now ever so slightly out of alignment on the
screen and when printed. This is especially noticable when I fill the
table with a background colour.

Does anyone know what causes this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

From your description, I am not sure in which way the table boundaries are
out of alignment.

There are so many settings that can be applied to tables. I am wondering
whether some of the issues I have illustrated in the article below may lead
you on the track of the problem (but please note that I am only guessing so I
may be totally wrong):

http://www.thedoctools.com/index.php...t_cell_shading

If that does not help, you are welcome to send me the document with the
problem table and I will have a look.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)