Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
ronh ronh is offline

Default Conditional mail merge

I have a xls spreadsheet containing member names addresses and whether
they are junior, senior or full members.
I need to mailmerge this with a letter where depending on the member
type a different paragraph is inserted at the end of the letter.
eg if a member is junior I may want the final paragraph to read "As a
junior member you are eligable to enter the competition for under 16s
only"
if a member is a full or senior member I may want the final paragraph
to read "As a member over 16 years of age you cannot enter the
competition for under 16s"

I can obviously filter on member status but cannot see HOW to then
insert the relevant paragraph

Anyone out there able to help please?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You would need a conditional field in the merge document eg

{IF {Mergefield FieldNameWithMemberStatus \*Upper} = "J*" "As a
junior member you are eligible to enter the competition for under 16s" "As a
member over 16 years of age you cannot enter the
competition for under 16s" }

The brackets are inserted with CTRL+F9 the fieldname is that from your data
source. If the content of that field begins with j or J the junior warning
is inserted otherwise the alternative.