Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Aurora Aurora is offline

Default Merge Word Labels with Access

I am using Word 2003.
I want to merge Word Address Labels #5160 with an Access Database.
How do I trunicate the fields so that City, State and zip will fall
correctly. And so that it will be address to "Male Name & Female name Last
Name" as it should be but when records do not have a Male Name will be
addressed directly to the "Female name and last name".

I know I have done this before, but I am having a senior moment.

Aurora
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Perhaps you did it all in Access before. It has a perfectly good Label
Wizard.

In Word however, you just insert the mergefields that you require in the
configuration that you require them, though I am not quite sure what you
mean by trunicate (sic) the fields so that City, State and zip fall
correctly. Do you mean abreviate the State field down to two Characters?

Male Name Female Name bit use an If...then...Else field construction

{ IF { MERGEFIELD "Male Name" } "" "{ MERGEFIELD "Male Name" }{ IF {
MERGEFIELD "Female Name" } "" " & { MERGEFIELD "Female Name" }" "" }" {
MERGEFIELD "Female Name" } }

But, I would do the data manipulation in an Access Query.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.