Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
LSett LSett is offline

Default Addresses not showing up in mail merge

I'm trying to do a mail merge from excel to word on envelopes. My
spreadsheet is correct. When I import the spreadsheet into word for the
merge it accepts the spreadsheet as the merge (allows me to check off the
addresses I don't want to use) however it does not display the addresses when
I hit finish. I know that they are there because word will allow me to
"edit" individual envelopes by allowing me to scroll through the number of
envelopes that I have addresses for, however there is not a single address
displayed. HELP PLEASE. Getting ready to throw the PC out of the window!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Have you inserted the required mergefields into the address area of the
envelope?

It will help identify where it is going astray if you mention all of the
steps that you have taken.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP