Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Alan[_8_] Alan[_8_] is offline

Default Updating data source with VBA

I am using XP SP3 and Word 7. Using the normal ribbon commands, I get the
following:
On Mailing Ribbon click on "Edit Recipient List", this shows a window "Mail
Merge Recipient"
Click on the displayed Data Source
Select "Edit"
A pop-up window appears called "Data Form" to input details.

When I run this from a Macro, using the macro:
"Dialogs(wdDialogMailMergeRecipients).Show" the window "Mail Merge
Recipient" shows, but when I select the Data Source and click on "Edit", the
pop-up window does not appear, although the existing windows flash once off
and back on.

How can I get the window to show?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Using:

With ActiveDocument
If .MailMerge.State = wdMainAndDataSource Then
Dialogs(wdDialogMailMergeRecipients).Show
End If
End With

I can select the datasource and then click on the Edit button and the Edit
Data Source dialog appears allowing me to Edit or Add new entries.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Alan" wrote in message
I am using XP SP3 and Word 7. Using the normal ribbon commands, I get the
following:
On Mailing Ribbon click on "Edit Recipient List", this shows a window
"Mail Merge Recipient"
Click on the displayed Data Source
Select "Edit"
A pop-up window appears called "Data Form" to input details.

When I run this from a Macro, using the macro:
"Dialogs(wdDialogMailMergeRecipients).Show" the window "Mail Merge
Recipient" shows, but when I select the Data Source and click on "Edit",
the pop-up window does not appear, although the existing windows flash
once off and back on.

How can I get the window to show?

Updating Data Source breeza_666 Mailmerge 1 April 11th 07 07:39 PM
Data Source not updating EF Mailmerge 5 May 18th 06 05:43 PM
How to link a different Mailmerge header source and data source? Eleni_Malli Mailmerge 1 May 3rd 06 02:08 PM
updating source data NJS Mailmerge 4 December 13th 05 05:52 PM
Mail Merge and Updating the Source Data Barb Reinhardt Mailmerge 2 June 20th 05 06:45 PM