Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LearningtouseWord LearningtouseWord is offline

Default Help. I just saved a Word document and I need to cancel it.How?

I am a new Office 7 person. I have not learned how to use it. I saved a
download file
to Word by accident when it should have gone to desktop. How do I cancel this
document in Word?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Tue, 5 Jan 2010 19:25:01 -0800, LearningtouseWord
wrote:

I am a new Office 7 person. I have not learned how to use it. I saved a
download file
to Word by accident when it should have gone to desktop. How do I cancel this
document in Word?

There is no such thing as "canceling" a Word document. Use the "My
Computer" or "Computer" command on the Windows Start Menu (depending
on what version of Windows you have), locate the document's file, and
delete it. Then presumably you'll have to download the file again, and
this time send it to the desktop.

Incidentally, there's no Office 7, either. It's Office 2007, named for
the year it was released. Yes, all those version numbers are
confusing, but that's what Microsoft calls it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_4_] Gordon[_4_] is offline

"LearningtouseWord" wrote in
message ...
I am a new Office 7 person. I have not learned how to use it. I saved a
download file
to Word by accident when it should have gone to desktop. How do I cancel
this
document in Word?

In addition to what Jay said, you shouldn't really store data on the desktop
anyway. It's not designed for that. Keep data and documents in your
Documents folder.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 06 Jan 2010 10:52:26 +0200, Steve Hayes
wrote:

wrote:

I am a new Office 7 person. I have not learned how to use it. I saved a
download file
to Word by accident when it should have gone to desktop. How do I cancel this
document in Word?

There is no such thing as "canceling" a Word document. Use the "My
Computer" or "Computer" command on the Windows Start Menu (depending
on what version of Windows you have), locate the document's file, and
delete it. Then presumably you'll have to download the file again, and
this time send it to the desktop.

Incidentally, there's no Office 7, either. It's Office 2007, named for
the year it was released. Yes, all those version numbers are
confusing, but that's what Microsoft calls it.

Can't the file, once located, be copied to wherever the user prefers to have
it?

Yes, it could -- but I'd consider this an opportunity to learn how to
control where files are saved by using the Save As dialog properly.
Then there shouldn't be any more two-stage saves.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman