Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jalz Jalz is offline

Default Word mail merge template

Hi Guys,

I've got a vbscript which opens up a template merges csv data which I export
out of another database. I'm trying to make the mail merging as simple as
possible for my end users. As each export file is different depending on the
queries of the database search, is it possible to create a word template
where the user can open up write the letter and select just the merge fields
of my database which I'd like to embed in it somehow. Please bear in mind I'm
trying to avoid attaching the template to a merge file with fields as when
you open it up, it comes up with the *SELECT * dialog box, something I am
trying to avoid as this will confuse my users.

Any help would be fantastic.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See the following Knowledge Base article:
"Opening This Will Run the Following SQL Command" Message When You Open a
Word Document - 825765 at:
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=825765

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"Jalz" wrote in message
Hi Guys,

I've got a vbscript which opens up a template merges csv data which I
export
out of another database. I'm trying to make the mail merging as simple as
possible for my end users. As each export file is different depending on
the
queries of the database search, is it possible to create a word template
where the user can open up write the letter and select just the merge
fields
of my database which I'd like to embed in it somehow. Please bear in mind
I'm
trying to avoid attaching the template to a merge file with fields as when
you open it up, it comes up with the *SELECT * dialog box, something I am
trying to avoid as this will confuse my users.

Any help would be fantastic.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jalz Jalz is offline

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately my IT admins wont allow me to make the
changes to security on our network which the article goes into.

Is there another way I can achieve this, is there no way of embedding a set
of predefined fields the user can select via some sort of Macro or something?

I've got the fieldsnames that will contain the data, just need to embed them
into word in a user friendly way.

Thanks

Jalz

.