Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mike Johnson Mike Johnson is offline

Default Mail merge issue

I'm creating 13 pages of labels in Word 2007 using a spreadsheet in Excel
2007 as a source document. The template I'm using is the Avery 5160
template with 3 labels across and 10 down. I'm following all the steps
necessary to make the merge work, but when I update labels only the 3 labels
across at the top of the document show up. I've looked everywhere for a
setting to make this work, but can't find any. The process did work in
Word 2003 at home, but not at work.
I'm not using the address block, but I'm merging the merge fields from my
source spreadsheet to set up the labels the way I want them.

I know it's simple, but I'm stumped. I'd appreciate anything anyone can do.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Be careful, because the "tablet issue" also affects PCs running Vista
(and possibly Win 7) that have "tablet capability", e.g. if a graphics
pad is attached.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 08/01/2010 17:14, Mike Johnson wrote:
Thanks Graham!

I've got the MS workaround now. I need to find a desktop to run this
from now on. I knew I wasn't crazy!

Mike Johnson

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Is this a Tablet PC? http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=898630

If not, see where what you are doing differs from
http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm

"Mike Johnson"Mike wrote in message
I'm creating 13 pages of labels in Word 2007 using a spreadsheet in Excel
2007 as a source document. The template I'm using is the Avery 5160
template with 3 labels across and 10 down. I'm following all the steps
necessary to make the merge work, but when I update labels only the 3
labels
across at the top of the document show up. I've looked everywhere for a
setting to make this work, but can't find any. The process did work in
Word 2003 at home, but not at work.
I'm not using the address block, but I'm merging the merge fields from my
source spreadsheet to set up the labels the way I want them.

I know it's simple, but I'm stumped. I'd appreciate anything anyone can
do.

Thanks

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Macro to overcome the problem with propagation of mail merge field fields
with a label type mail merge when using a Tablet PC and some other Computers
that have Tablet PC Functionality available:
Sub MailMergePropagateLabel()
Dim atable As Table
Dim i As Long, j As Long
Dim source As Cell, target As Cell
Dim myrange As Range
Set atable = ActiveDocument.Tables(1)
Set source = atable.Cell(1, 1)
Set myrange = source.Range
myrange.Collapse wdCollapseStart
ActiveDocument.Fields.Add Range:=myrange, Text:="NEXT", _
PreserveFormatting:=False
source.Range.Copy
For j = 2 To atable.Columns.Count
Set target = atable.Cell(1, j)
If target.Range.Fields.Count 0 Then
target.Range.Paste
End If
Next j
For i = 2 To atable.Rows.Count
For j = 1 To atable.Columns.Count
Set target = atable.Cell(i, j)
If target.Range.Fields.Count 0 Then
target.Range.Paste
End If
Next j
Next i
atable.Cell(1, 1).Range.Fields(1).Delete
End Sub

It is suggested that you put this code into a template that you save in the
Word Startup folder so that it becomes an add-in and will be available
whenever you need it. As the macro has the same name as the Word Command
that is supposed to do the job, this macro will run when the Update Labels
button is used when setting up the mail merge label main document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

[...]

Mail Merge Issue Dan S. Microsoft Word Help 2 December 22nd 08 09:58 AM
Mail Merge issue riri Mailmerge 1 June 11th 07 11:06 AM
Mail Merge Currency Issue [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 2 February 24th 07 12:58 AM
Mail Merge Issue BC Mailmerge 3 February 20th 07 08:14 AM
mail merge issue drewstein Microsoft Word Help 2 April 7th 06 06:29 PM