Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Margaret Upton Margaret Upton is offline

Default Quick Parts - autotext

Still trying to get to grips with the new 2007 version. I have trolled
through all the help files and on the net and I cannot find a quick way of
inserting the auto text. I can put a new entry in by selecting the text and
pressing Alt F3, but F3 will not expand the text out, it just puts in the
letters I have named it and says type text after it. In Word 2003 a small
balloon would appear by the word that would expand into Auto text and you
could press enter, or F3 to expand the text. Is there something in the
settings that I need to adjust to make this happen or alternatively a quick
way to expand the auto text. If you have to go into the building blocks
organizer, there does not seem a quick way to find the entry either.

Margaret

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You have to type the name you gave the AutoText entry and then press F3 to
insert it.

http://word.mvps.org

"Margaret Upton" wrote in message
Still trying to get to grips with the new 2007 version. I have trolled
through all the help files and on the net and I cannot find a quick way of
inserting the auto text. I can put a new entry in by selecting the text
and pressing Alt F3, but F3 will not expand the text out, it just puts in
the letters I have named it and says type text after it. In Word 2003 a
small balloon would appear by the word that would expand into Auto text
and you could press enter, or F3 to expand the text. Is there something
in the settings that I need to adjust to make this happen or alternatively
a quick way to expand the auto text. If you have to go into the building
blocks organizer, there does not seem a quick way to find the entry
either.

Margaret

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Margaret Upton Margaret Upton is offline

Thats what I was doing, but it does not work it just comes up with the name
I type and nothing else. Any suggestions. This is actually for someone
else, it works on my machine perfectly well, but when you press F3 on hers
it does not work, just gives you the letters you typed and does not expand
out.

Margaret
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

That suggests that the AutoText was not save in normal.dot so cannot be
'seen' by the current document.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Margaret Upton Margaret Upton is offline

Thank you, will have to see her tomorrow and make sure it is saved in the
normal.dot and try again.

Margaret
"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
[...]

Word 2007 Way to make Quick Parts Autotext Big enough to see? gil Microsoft Word Help 2 July 9th 09 11:00 AM
quick parts-I think! Ray New Users 1 June 7th 09 03:06 PM
Stopping preview in Autotext/Quick Parts Rebekah Microsoft Word Help 3 November 9th 08 03:24 AM
Quick Parts / Autotext Delete Entry pete5440 Microsoft Word Help 5 August 8th 08 09:18 AM
Quick parts MADS New Users 1 July 24th 06 11:55 AM