Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
wayne-o wayne-o is offline

Default Pasting

How to paste a word document to a web site for ex. resume
made in word2003 paste to a document asking for the resume
Thankyou
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Willett[_2_] Tom Willett[_2_] is offline

You'll need to check with that web site for the instructions.

"wayne-o" wrote in message
: How to paste a word document to a web site for ex. resume
: made in word2003 paste to a document asking for the resume
: Thankyou

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ben ben is offline

Tom Willett wrote:
You'll need to check with that web site for the instructions.

Can't you just save as HTML?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Maybe, but that may not be what they want. Most sites I have looked at want
a Word document uploaded, often in RTF. So you need to READ THE SITE
INSTRUCTIONS.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Ben" wrote in message
Tom Willett wrote:
You'll need to check with that web site for the instructions.

Can't you just save as HTML?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Willett[_2_] Tom Willett[_2_] is offline

Ask the web site for instructions. They make the rules.
"Ben" wrote in message
: Tom Willett wrote:
: You'll need to check with that web site for the instructions.
:
: Can't you just save as HTML?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ben ben is offline

Terry Farrell wrote:
Maybe, but that may not be what they want. Most sites I have looked at
want a Word document uploaded, often in RTF. So you need to READ THE
SITE INSTRUCTIONS.

I thought he was displaying it on his own site. While many sites allow
you to upload in specific formats like word or pdf, there are some that
expect you to enter your resume in a text box - I have done this a few
times. At first I would copy my resume from word straight into the box
and then change the bullets points in the resume to '*' or the like, but
then I finally just pasted to notepad and fixed it up there as regular
text and saved it for that kind of situation.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ben ben is offline

Terry Farrell wrote:
Maybe, but that may not be what they want. Most sites I have looked at
want a Word document uploaded, often in RTF. So you need to READ THE
SITE INSTRUCTIONS.

From the sounds of it he knows what the site wants - they are usually
pretty clear - he just didn't express it to well in the question.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Agreed. I assumed he meant to post the resume on a Recruitment Agency site
(which all previous posts like this have been asking about).

Terry

"Ben" wrote in message
Terry Farrell wrote:
Maybe, but that may not be what they want. Most sites I have looked at
want a Word document uploaded, often in RTF. So you need to READ THE SITE
INSTRUCTIONS.

From the sounds of it he knows what the site wants - they are usually
pretty clear - he just didn't express it to well in the question.