Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lola Lola is offline

Default Is there a way I can find deleted assignments from 2007-2009?

These are important assignments.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

When were the files deleted? If they were deleted recently, there might be a
chance, but special software will be needed.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Lola" wrote in message
These are important assignments.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

It may be possible. When files are deleted, what happens is that the
sector(s) used on the HDD is marked as free and the file descriptor is
removed from the FAT. In reality, the data is still on the disk UNLESS the
area of disk has since been reused.

If you haven't done much work since the (presumably accidental) deletion and
the data is still in free areas of disk, you can use utilities - such as
UNDELETE http://www.winundelete.com/?rid=google&kid=wu0401 - to restore the
deleted data. I believe you can download a trial of Undelete and it will
search your drive for all the deleted files that are still available. I
don't think you can actually undelete the files without purchasing the
retail version of Undelete, but at least you can see if they are still
available before parting with your cash.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Lola" wrote in message
These are important assignments.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MikeB[_2_] MikeB[_2_] is offline

"Lola" wrote in message

These are important assignments.

Have you checked the Recycle Bin?

And if this is really very important, you should immediately stop
using that particular computer/hard disk.