Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
BHW BHW is offline

Default Updating captions from Table 1 blah blah blah to Table 1. blah blahblah

Hi,

I've got a doc w/about 100 tables/figures. Style guidelines suggest
captions read Table X. blah blah blah

Is there a way (other than manual) to update my existing captions,
which lack the "." after the table number?

Also, I don't want the figure/table TOCs affected. I tried wildcards/
search/replace, but the wildcards don't seem to like the field codes
that are behind the table and figure numbers, e.g.{ SEQ Table \*
ARABIC } "

Thanks!

Updating captions from Table 1 blah blah blah to Table 1. blah blahblah BHW Formatting Long Documents 8 January 25th 10 07:53 PM
Table captions converted to figure captions, & vice versa bufossil Microsoft Word Help 12 May 18th 07 08:10 AM
Table of Figures - Changes to Figure Captions not updating kendra Microsoft Word Help 3 February 8th 07 11:01 AM
table captions Rachel Tables 4 June 14th 06 02:29 AM
blah... randomgal4eva New Users 0 January 17th 06 10:16 PM