Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs,microsoft.public.word.tables
Bob[_9_] Bob[_9_] is offline

Default list numbering does NOT continue from previous table??????

using word 2k;

I have 2 tables separated by a hard page break.
first table has 3 columns, with first column being a numbered list.
2nd table has 6 columns, and I want the first column to be a numbered
list continuing from the previous table.

when I go into format bullets and numbering - the option to reset
numbering or continue is GREYED OUT!!!!!????

Why is this????

this works fine if i create a brand new document and create new
tables!!!!!!

why can I not modify numbering conventions in an existing
document!??!?!

TIA - Bob