Fer Mav

Default View Only Solution for Word Documents

We are using DSO Framer (c++ -
http://support.microsoft.com/support.../q311/7/65.asp ) for managing
word files from web.

We want to find a view-only solution for Word. Currently when DSO opens a
word document First it copy word file into windows temp folder then open this
second copy. So any user can copy & paste this word file from windows temp.

Is there any solution to protect this file. File permissions?, run DSO as
another privileged account. I dont know that is it possible to run an
ActiveX as a different user. Or is there anyway to tell word open it from
memory?

Comments are welcome;
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?RmVyIE1hdg==?=,

We are using DSO Framer (c++ -
http://support.microsoft.com/support.../q311/7/65.asp ) for managing
word files from web.

We want to find a view-only solution for Word. Currently when DSO opens a
word document First it copy word file into windows temp folder then open this
second copy. So any user can copy & paste this word file from windows temp.

Is there any solution to protect this file. File permissions?, run DSO as
another privileged account. I dont know that is it possible to run an
ActiveX as a different user. Or is there anyway to tell word open it from
memory?

Word documents are inherently non-secure; they're conceived to be primarily
edited and printed. Convert the Word document into a PDF file if you need more
security.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org