Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
AJ AJ is offline

Default Macros for booklet printing (Word 2000)

And just one more query, thankyou ever so kindly for any help.

This is an MVPS.org (lifesavers) file on booklet printing:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/BookletMacro.htm

Is the DuplexPrinter Macro able to print out on paper just in one go,
without turning the sheets over, as I can do this when I get to photocopy
stage. (I don't want to print both sides initially because the ink shows
through and makes it look messy.)

Also, do I copy and paste the entire Macro listed - i.e. both in one? If no,
where does one being and the other end?
Sorry, I have never used macros before . . .
--
AJ
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

I'm the author of the booklet printing article
(http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...etPrinting.htm) but not the macro
(or any macro), so I can't be sure, but from the description I would guess
that what you need to do is use the Simplex macro and just print the second
pass on plain paper instead of the pages you've already printed. Or you can
do it manually (with two passes) using the method described in my article,
which, as Richard points out, does offer considerably more control and
flexibility (without any macros at all).

In Richard's article, each block that begins with Sub and a macro name is a
second macro, but you can paste them all into a single module, one at a time
or singly. For one method of doing them singly, see

"AJ" wrote in message
news
And just one more query, thankyou ever so kindly for any help.

This is an MVPS.org (lifesavers) file on booklet printing:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/BookletMacro.htm

Is the DuplexPrinter Macro able to print out on paper just in one go,
without turning the sheets over, as I can do this when I get to photocopy
stage. (I don't want to print both sides initially because the ink shows
through and makes it look messy.)

Also, do I copy and paste the entire Macro listed - i.e. both in one? If

no,
where does one being and the other end?
Sorry, I have never used macros before . . .
--
AJ

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
AJ AJ is offline

I have set up the entire bulletin on 2 pages per sheet, so would rework my
template/document to Mirror Margins instead . . OK, got your article here.

I chose macro option initially as i thought it would be easier to set up -
it's for my Dad's Rotary Bulletin and I need to teach him all this . . .
Although I could do with using pagination, for both him and my own longer
docs.

So is the page numbering relatively simple to work out, if I want no
numbers, or roman numerals, on the four covers/inside covers?

--
AJ

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I'm the author of the booklet printing article
(http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...etPrinting.htm) but not the macro
(or any macro), so I can't be sure, but from the description I would guess
that what you need to do is use the Simplex macro and just print the second
pass on plain paper instead of the pages you've already printed. Or you can
do it manually (with two passes) using the method described in my article,
which, as Richard points out, does offer considerably more control and
flexibility (without any macros at all).

In Richard's article, each block that begins with Sub and a macro name is a
second macro, but you can paste them all into a single module, one at a time
or singly. For one method of doing them singly, see

"AJ" wrote in message
news
And just one more query, thankyou ever so kindly for any help.

This is an MVPS.org (lifesavers) file on booklet printing:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/BookletMacro.htm

Is the DuplexPrinter Macro able to print out on paper just in one go,
without turning the sheets over, as I can do this when I get to photocopy
stage. (I don't want to print both sides initially because the ink shows
through and makes it look messy.)

Also, do I copy and paste the entire Macro listed - i.e. both in one? If

no,
where does one being and the other end?
Sorry, I have never used macros before . . .
--
AJ

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

If you're using my method, you just create the pages in normal order as you
would any document. Header/footer and pagination are perfectly
straightforward. The print method takes care of putting the appropriate
pages together.

If the Rotary bulletin is just four pages, though (that is, a single sheet
folded in half), I wouldn't bother with any sort of booklet setup unless you
need page 1 to flow to page 2. If page 1 is a cover, I would just use a
two-column or "2 pages per sheet" format. I routinely do this with concert
programs, setting up the pages as 2 and 3, then 4 and 1. The text on page 3
flows to page 4, and page 1 is a cover.

Alternatively, you can still use "2 pages per sheet" and set the pages up in
their natural order, using the Print dialog controls to print the
appropriate facing pages.

I guess I'm lucky; the Rotary bulletin I publish is just one side (four
columns on legal-size paper with a double parallel fold); I have the outside
commercially printed with static information, so only the inside changes
from week to week.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

newsgroup so
all may benefit.