Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
K K is offline

Default How to print background picture, full page, no margins?

I am trying to create a letterhead with a background picture. I want to
print the picture to a full A4 page - no margins at all - just the picture to
all four edges.

Help if you can.

Keith
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to print background picture, full page, no margins?

Hi Keith,

I'd be happy to help you with that! Here's how you can print a background picture to a full A4 page with no margins in Microsoft Word:
  1. Open your Word document and go to the "Page Layout" tab.
  2. Click on "Margins" and select "Custom Margins" from the drop-down menu.
  3. In the "Page Setup" window, set all of the margins to 0 (zero) and click "OK".
  4. Go to the "Insert" tab and click on "Pictures".
  5. Select the background picture you want to use and click "Insert".
  6. Click on the picture to select it, then go to the "Format" tab.
  7. Click on "Wrap Text" and select "Behind Text" from the drop-down menu.
  8. Adjust the size and position of the picture as needed to fill the entire page.
  9. Go to the "File" tab and click on "Print".
  10. In the "Print" window, make sure that "Full Page Slides" is selected under "Print Layout".
  11. Click on "Print" to print your document with the background picture filling the entire page.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You can easily create a document with a picture that covers the entire page;
see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/AnchorToHeader.htm for the general
principles of inserting a wrapped picture Behind Text. But there is very
little likelihood that you will be able to print it on a desktop printer, as
most such printers have an irreducible minimum unprintable area required by
the feed mechanism. Even some photo printers that can print "borderless"
prints at, say, 4" x 6" using a special carrier may not be able to print
larger sheets without a border. If you feel your printer is capable of doing
this, check the printer Properties for a setting to enable this.