Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
shoresie shoresie is offline

Default In Microsoft Word - when I press ', I get è - WHY?

Something is wonky with my microsoft word '07.

For some reason, when I try to use quotation marks I get an e with an accent
instead.

This is very frustrating.

Can someone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?c2hvcmVzaWU=?=,

Something is wonky with my microsoft word '07.

For some reason, when I try to use quotation marks I get an e with an accent
instead.

This is very frustrating.

My guess is that something has switched your keyboard layout. Do you see an
icon near the bottom right of your screen that looks like a keyboard (sort of)?
If you click that do you see a list of languages? And what language is
selected?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] larrysulky@gmail.com is offline

On Feb 28, 2:48 pm, Cindy M. wrote:
Hi ?B?c2hvcmVzaWU=?=,

Something is wonky with my microsoft word '07.

For some reason, when I try to use quotation marks I get an e with an accent
instead.

This is very frustrating.

My guess is that something has switched your keyboard layout. Do you see an
icon near the bottom right of your screen that looks like a keyboard (sort of)?
If you click that do you see a list of languages? And what language is
selected?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerlandhttp://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister(last update Jun 17 2005)http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

In some setups in Word 2003, pressing Alt+Shift will toggle through
all supported keyboards. This may still be true in Word 2007. Looks
like this user has a French keyboard defined and has inadvertently
activated it. Pressing Alt+Shift again until the keyboard cycles round
to the preferred language might work.