Lenox

Default Barcodes and mail merge

Trying to get barcodes on a mail merge with 200+ pieces. The barcodes are
the same on every piece. I use the helper with Word 2000 and have also used
the suggestions here and in KB Article 212221. Following the instrucitions
in the KB article results in "Zip Code not valid!" error. Using the Word
helper (Insert...Field...Barcode) and using the bookmark option to identify
the address and zip fields results in all barcodes printing the same for all
addresses.

Any help is appreciated.

Lenox

Graham,
Just FYI:

Although my problem is solved by using "Merge to Printer," the solution
given here doesn't seem to work.
-Sorry-
Lenox

Lenox wrote:
Trying to get barcodes on a mail merge with 200+ pieces. The
barcodes are the same on every piece. I use the helper with Word
2000 and have also used the suggestions here and in KB Article
212221. Following the instrucitions in the KB article results in
"Zip Code not valid!" error. Using the Word helper
(Insert...Field...Barcode) and using the bookmark option to identify
the address and zip fields results in all barcodes printing the same
for all addresses.

Any help is appreciated.

Lenox

I've determined that the bookmark used in the barcode field doesn't carry
beyond the first section (page) after the merge. Therefore, all the barcodes
print using the bookmark on the first section.

Is there anyway to merge to pages instead of sections? I have a feeling
that is the problem.

Thanks again,
Lenox

Lenox wrote:
Trying to get barcodes on a mail merge with 200+ pieces. The
barcodes are the same on every piece. I use the helper with Word
2000 and have also used the suggestions here and in KB Article
212221. Following the instrucitions in the KB article results in
"Zip Code not valid!" error. Using the Word helper
(Insert...Field...Barcode) and using the bookmark option to identify
the address and zip fields results in all barcodes printing the same
for all addresses.

Any help is appreciated.

Graham Mayor

You can't merge bookmarks for the reason you have just discovered. You can
however include the data fields from the address in the barcode field if
that will help avoid the use of the bookmarks.