Tim

Default merge with outlook calendar fields

Hi I am trying to merge with outlook contacts and calendar fields.

I can not find out how to merge from the calendar and extra fields made in
calendar.

Thanks Tim

Graham Mayor

This is an interesting proposition, and I have been thinking about it since
you raised it earlier. There is no way to work with two data files in Word's
merge, nor can you mail merge from Outlook's calendar directly. The best you
may be able to manage is to export your Calendar to Access and if you do the
same with the Contacts list, you may be able to formulate a query to extract
the data, but I only have a rudimentary knowledge of Access so I cannot help
with the detail. Access and/or Outlook newsgroups may prove more useful to
you with this question.

Tim wrote:
Hi I am trying to merge with outlook contacts and calendar fields.

I can not find out how to merge from the calendar and extra fields
made in calendar.

Thanks Tim

Doug Robbins

Combining data is Access is certainly possible, but to make sense, there
needs to be some key field in both the contacts and the calendar data that
can be used to link the two sets of data together. I doubt that there are
fields in both sets of data that would contain the necessary information for
linking by default. It would probably be possible however to preface and
entry into a particular field with an identifier that would allow the
linking to be accomplished, though it may be a two step process - a pair of
queries to get at the indentifiers by themselves using the Left() function
and then the other to link the queries together based on the exposed
identifiers.

And then, once you are using Access, it may well be better to use a report
in Access to produce the result rather than involve mailmerge.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP