Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RMH RMH is offline

Default how do i get rid of that memory that I accidently press key

Using ms outlook to send email, I noticed that when I create email it
automatically comes out with that symbol "P" in reverse mode like a music
note. Each time I hit the enter key and it gives out tht same note. Also when
I hit the space bar it keeps giving the "."(bold dot"). I accidently pressed
some buttons that caused it but could not figure out how to get rid of it. I
cant send the email like that because it gave an error code. "503 valid RCPT
command must precede data". Please advise!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jack Spratt Jack Spratt is offline

You have two different issues:

You have turned on the show invisible feature in Word. To turn it off click
on the "Show/Hide" button on your Standard toolbar - it looks like the same
"musical note" you see show up in your email.

You need to turn authentication on for outgoing mail
In Outlook: Tools Options Email Accounts More settings Outgoing
server -- check the box marked 'My outgoing server (SMTP) requires
authentication.'

Jack
"RMH" wrote:

Using ms outlook to send email, I noticed that when I create email it
automatically comes out with that symbol "P" in reverse mode like a music
note. Each time I hit the enter key and it gives out tht same note. Also when
I hit the space bar it keeps giving the "."(bold dot"). I accidently pressed
some buttons that caused it but could not figure out how to get rid of it. I
cant send the email like that because it gave an error code. "503 valid RCPT
command must precede data". Please advise!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RMH RMH is offline

I was able to turn on the authentication for outgoing mail. However, I could
not locate the "Show/hide"button. I look at all of them on the toolbar. could
you please tell me exactly where. Thanks

"RMH" wrote:

Using ms outlook to send email, I noticed that when I create email it
automatically comes out with that symbol "P" in reverse mode like a music
note. Each time I hit the enter key and it gives out tht same note. Also when
I hit the space bar it keeps giving the "."(bold dot"). I accidently pressed
some buttons that caused it but could not figure out how to get rid of it. I
cant send the email like that because it gave an error code. "503 valid RCPT
command must precede data". Please advise!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jack Spratt Jack Spratt is offline

If you're unable to find the "Show/hide"button then you probably have another
toolbar sharing the same line as the "Standard" toolbar. If this is the case
then move the other toolbar.

If you're unsure how to do this then try turning all your toolbars off
except the "Standard" one. Go under the menu View -- Toolbars and click on
all the toolbars with a checkmark beside it EXCEPT the "Standard" toolbar
(checkmark indicates that it is currently turned on).

Start with the "Formatting" toolbar since that's the one that is probably
stopping you from seeing the "Show/hide"button. Each time you turn a toolbar
off look at "Standard" toolbar for the "Show/hide"button. (Musical note)

Remember that when you send an email with the invisible characters displayed
the receipient won't see the markings unless they too have the invisbles
turned on. They also won't print.

After you're done then turn the toolbars you want back on by View --
Toolbars and clicking on the ones you want.

Jack