vanorsouw

Default mail merge contacts fields

I have created a mailing labels document and want to merge it with my contact
addresses. The merge works perfectly - for the first two addresses! The other
contacts do not get merged. I use the field next record. I have tested the
contact addresses for problems and they are OK. When I check the recipient
data all the contacts are included.
I use Outlook and Word 2002. I would be grateful for any suggestions as to
what the problem could be.
Doug Robbins

Are you doing this on a Tablet PC? If so, check that the Propogate labels
has inserted the mergefields in all of the cells on the mail merge main
document. There is a bug in that utility it appears with a Tablet and you
will need to manually copy and paste the fields into the cells.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"vanorsouw" wrote in message
I have created a mailing labels document and want to merge it with my
contact
addresses. The merge works perfectly - for the first two addresses! The
other
contacts do not get merged. I use the field next record. I have tested
the
contact addresses for problems and they are OK. When I check the recipient
data all the contacts are included.
I use Outlook and Word 2002. I would be grateful for any suggestions as to
what the problem could be.

vanorsouw

I assume you mean a laptop? If so, yes that is correct. I didn't use the
propogate labels functionality, I used copy and paste for my merge fields.

Should I test on a desktop?

thanks in advance.

"vanorsouw" wrote in message
I have created a mailing labels document and want to merge it with my
contact
addresses. The merge works perfectly - for the first two addresses! The
other
contacts do not get merged. I use the field next record. I have tested
the
contact addresses for problems and they are OK. When I check the recipient
data all the contacts are included.
I use Outlook and Word 2002. I would be grateful for any suggestions as to
what the problem could be.

Doug Robbins

No, I meant a Tablet PC running the Tablet PC Edition of Windows. With that
there is an unresolved issue when the propogate labels facility is used
where it only propogates the mergefields to the first and last rows on the
sheet.

In your case, that should not be an issue, but as you say you did not use
the propogate labels facility, but copied and pasted the mergefields
yourself, I have to question whether you did that correctly, or did you
create the mergefields in the form { MERGEFIELD FieldName } and possibly did
not use Ctrl+F9 to insert the field delimiters { }

Another resource that you might take a look at is the "Mailmerge from
Outlook" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website at:
http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

Are you doing this on a Tablet PC? If so, check that the Propogate
labels
has inserted the mergefields in all of the cells on the mail merge main
document. There is a bug in that utility it appears with a Tablet and
you
will need to manually copy and paste the fields into the cells.

interested. Questions sent directly to me will only be answered on a
paid
consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"vanorsouw" wrote in message
I have created a mailing labels document and want to merge it with my
contact
addresses. The merge works perfectly - for the first two addresses! The
other
contacts do not get merged. I use the field next record. I have
tested
the
contact addresses for problems and they are OK. When I check the
recipient
data all the contacts are included.
I use Outlook and Word 2002. I would be grateful for any suggestions as
what the problem could be.

vanorsouw

Thank you Doug. I suspect that the problem might be caused by a user defined
field because when I removed the merge field, the problem was resolved.
However I need this field in my merge and am not sure how to go on from here.