Eric

Default How to add optional address field into middle of Word's preformat.

Word 2003 Mailmerge, Pane 4 of the help: add address block from Excel data
source. Source has following columns: first name, last name, job title,
company, address 1, address 2, city, state, zip, country. Pre-formated
"address block" won't allow me to add the "job title" as 2nd line of the
address block; how to do that?
Doug Robbins

For starters, I would activate the mailmerge toolbar by selecting Toolbars
from the View menu and then selecting the Mailmerge item.

That will allow you to take control or the mailmerge process rather than
being dependent on the wizard.

Then, to address your problem, don't use the "Address Block". Simply insert
the fields that you want to use in the configuration that you want them.

As you are probably merging labels, you should see the article "Mail Merge
to Labels with Word XP" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website at:

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Eric" wrote in message
Word 2003 Mailmerge, Pane 4 of the help: add address block from Excel data
source. Source has following columns: first name, last name, job title,
company, address 1, address 2, city, state, zip, country. Pre-formated
"address block" won't allow me to add the "job title" as 2nd line of the
address block; how to do that?

Graham Mayor

Doug Robbins wrote:
As you are probably merging labels, you should see the article "Mail
Merge to Labels with Word XP" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website at:

And even if you are not merging labels the page will explain how to merge
with Word 2002/3

Conditional inclusion of WordArt? Bill Watkins Mailmerge 13 February 1st 05 03:51 PM
Word frequencies Anthea Microsoft Word Help 6 January 10th 05 04:46 AM
Word Count mel Microsoft Word Help 2 December 14th 04 10:17 PM
Text Form Field Ref in Footer Won't Update on Screen StarWine Microsoft Word Help 3 December 6th 04 06:17 PM
Can you use mail merge when the address field is inside a text box Fran Mailmerge 1 December 4th 04 04:28 PM